So you’re thinking about adopting a dog or cat, or you have already. One of your top priorities during this exciting time should be finding an excellent veterinarian to provide quality medical care to your new furry friend. You’re going to need to rely on this person for diligent medical services such as spaying/neutering, vaccinations, de-worming, microchipping, and more. If your pet gets hurt in an accident or becomes very sick, you need to have a veterinarian you can call for solid medical advice. You need to be prepared to handle everyday medical needs as well as emergency situations by finding a veterinarian you can trust now.
We hope these tips will help you think through this important decision and find the best veterinarian for your pet’s and your needs.
- Ponder what qualities are most important to you in a veterinarian. Responsiveness? Compassion? Expertise? Talk to various veterinarians to decide which one matches the qualities you value most.
- Go to your network. Talk to neighbors, shelter workers, and other dog owners to see who they do and don’t recommend. You can find out lots of information by simply asking other people.
- Ask about how quickly you’ll be able to get answers to your medical questions regarding your dog or cat. If your pet is hospitalized, will you receive frequent updates?
- Find out about the facility’s medical equipment. Does it have all the necessary modern medical equipment, in good condition, to meet your pet’s medical needs for many years to come?
- Observe the veterinarian when he or she interacts with your dog or cat. How do they react to your pet? How does the pet react to the veterinarian? You can easily detect whether the veterinarian feels comfortable or not by simply paying attention to their energy.
- Are the hours of the facility convenient to your schedule? This is an important practical consideration so that taking care of your pet’s medical needs will fit in well with your busy schedule.
Here at Pet Medical Center, thousands of people have chosen our veterinarians to take care of their dogs and cats’ medical needs over the years. Feel free to schedule a free initial physical and consultation for your new dog or cat today by calling (951) 676-3531. We’ll be happy to answer any questions and concerns you may have now and at any time.
At Pet Medical Center, our motto is, “Where your pets are part of our family.”
We’re always highlighting this motto because we think it demonstrates that we genuinely care about the welfare of each animal that comes to our facility. Our veterinarians are gentle, kind, and compassionate – as well as real professionals in their field. You can really trust that all medical services we provide will be carried out with utmost care and diligence.
Plus we also have long hours to meet your needs perfectly! Pet Medical Center is an excellent choice for anyone who has a busy schedule because we’re open Monday-Friday from 7am-7pm, as well as Saturday from 8am-2pm. We’re closed Sundays and major holidays.
Come chat with us! We can’t wait to meet your new dog or cat. Schedule your appointment now by calling (951) 676-3531.